HoopNation New Zealand tournament
The Mt Gravatt Magic committee is excited to announce that we are taking teams to the HoopNation tournament in Tauranga, New Zealand in October 2020. The HoopNation tournament had 143+ teams in attendance last year, and this year looks to be even bigger.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for this tournament – male and female, any age group and any skill level. This tournament has elite and development divisions.
To register for trials, please go to this link.
The details of the tournament are as follows:
· Travel dates – October 22 to October 27. We are aiming to be back very early on the morning of the 27th. So the kids can still go to school
· Location: Tauranga NZ. Flying into Auckland.
· Accommodation: Air BnB houses will be booked. 1 for each team with a coach and manager supervising the team at all times.
· Food: we will be cooking for the group.
· Cost: $1200. $100 deposit due within 7 days of selection announcement; remainder can be paid on a payment plan via Debit Success. All costs must be paid before departure. This includes flights, accommodation, transport, food and fuel. It does not include spending money or travel insurance.
· Fundraising – we will be doing fundraising. Bunnings BBQs and lucky draws. Be involved, or miss out on the proceeds!
· Minor point – this tournament requires mandatory use of mouthguards for ALL players.
Parents are very welcome to come along on this trip, but are responsible for their own flights, accommodation and transport.
Rules of Trials and Team Selection
· No correspondence or conversation will be entered into regarding selection or non-selection
· The selectors’ decision is final.
· A minimum of two selectors will be appointed by the Magic committee. One of these would ideally be the coach of the team. Volunteers for the position of team manager will be canvassed at the time of selection announcement. The coach and committee will agree on the manager appointment from these volunteer applications.
· Players will be assessed and selected on the following:
o Team work
o Work ethic
· Selected players do not need to be playing for Magic. Players from any club or association are welcome to express their interest.
· Those selected must commit to the financial cost of the competition. Non-financial members will be removed from the team.
· In the event of a player withdrawing from a team, some costs may not be transferrable or refundable. These costs will be forfeited.
· All tournament costs must be paid for before the tournament starts.
· Attendance at scheduled training sessions pre-competition are required.
· Court time is earned not given. Equal court time should not be expected.
If you have any questions, just ask us at games or training or via email or social media.